Learn to make a Reindeer ornament craft for Christmas.
Growing up me and my sisters used to watch a very fun television show “Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer”. It was about a little reindeer who had a red glowing nose. There were a lot of other fun characters in the cartoon show. This inspired me to make today’s paper Reindeer Ornament Craft for Christmas.
To make this reindeer ornament craft appear more Christmasy I made the reindeer wear a sweater. The patterns for this reindeer are very simple and easy, kids can easily make this reindeer ornament craft using the free printable reindeer template. I have previously made a reindeer craft for Christmas kind of similar to this one. The reindeer bookmark craft I made last year also had an easy pattern.
Before we get into our reindeer ornament crafts, would you like to know some fun facts about reindeer? I have collected some amazing facts about reindeer from the internet.
- In North America reindeer are also called caribou..Reindeer live in the Arctic tundra and damp forests of Greenland, Scandinavia, Russia, Alaska, and Canada. In North America, reindeer are known as caribou – pronounced ‘kar-i-boo!’
- Reindeers have hooves, and it changes with the seasons. Why? you might be wondering, From the website tree hugger I learned that “Because they tend to reside in harsh environments, reindeer undergo a number of physical transformations when the seasons change. During winter, their footpads shrink and tighten, the World Animal Foundation says, exposing the hoof rim so it can cut into ice and snow for traction.3 In the summer, those pads become sponge-like, ideal for getting around on the soft tundra.”
- Reindeers are covered with furry hair from top to bottom. Even down to their hooves. The thick hair helps the reindeers survive during the harsh cold weather.
- This fact might be shocking to you, male reindeers shed their antlers in early December.
- Reindeers also live in herds. The herds contain 10 to 100 members of reindeers. During winter they also create larger herds containing 50,000 reindeers or more.
Without further a due let’s get started with today’s paper reindeer ornament craft.
How To Make Christmas Paper Reindeer Ornament Craft
Tools and Materials:
- Craft Paper.
- Cardstock Paper.
- Brown Paper.
Download Free Printable Reindeer Template
Step By Step Instructions For Paper Reindeer Ornament Craft
Step 1: Cut Out Reindeer Pattern:
Download the reindeer printable template from the link above.
Cut out the patterns from the templates, then use a pencil to trace the patterns on colorful craft papers and cut out the patterns. I prefer to cut the main base for paper reindeer using cardstock paper instead of normal paper.
Step 2: Zigzag:
Glue the zigzag pattern on the reindeer’s sweater.
Step 3: Polka Dot:
Glue the polka dots on the sweater below the zigzag.
Step 4: Ears:
Glue the reindeer’s inner ears inside the ear.
Step 5: Face:
Glue the face of the reindeer with its head.
Step 6: Nose:
Glue the reindeer’s red nose on the top part of the mouth.
Step 7: Antlers:
Now, glue the reindeer’s antlers on the top part of its head.
Step 8: Sweater::
Glue the reindeer’s sweater on its body.
Step 9: Eyes:
Cut out the eye patterns from templates:
Step 10: Color:
Color the eyeballs using a black marker pen.
Glue the eyes on the reindeer’s face.
Step 11: Finishing Touches:
Draw the reindeer’s mouth using a pen.
Step 12: Final Step:
Cut out a piece of ribbon for the paper reindeer ornament craft, Fold the ribbon in half and then use sticky tape or hot glue to attach the satin ribbon to the back of the reindeer craft. You can also use thread or twine instead of the ribbon.
How To Use This Paper Reindeer Ornament:
This paper reindeer ornament is a great addition to your Christmas decorations. The attached ribbon on the back helps you to hang the reindeer ornament anywhere you want. You can hang this paper reindeer ornament on your Christmas tree. You can also hang it on Christmas garlands. Since it’s made of paper I suggest you not hang this by the fireplace, This reindeer ornament can be used to decorate gift boxes as well.