Fun Paper Slinky Caterpillar Craft For Kids
Hello, Everyone! I have a fun caterpillar craft for you today!
Hey kids, we really love to learn new things every day. And today, I have a fun caterpillar craft and some fun facts about caterpillars for you. I have collected five interesting facts about the caterpillar. You can visit the links to find even more interesting facts about caterpillars. Ask for an adult’s supervision before entering any links.
When I was a kid, that’s when I first learned about caterpillars. I had no idea they turned into butterflies! How fascinating is that? That’s a common fact I think we all know by now, but there are so many other interesting facts you will like to find out.
That’s why we have this fun caterpillar craft for you today to help you learn things while having tons of fun.
5 Extraordinary Facts About Caterpillars:
- Caterpillars eat a lot! Since we all know that caterpillars turn into moths or butterflies, that’s why they eat a lot to fully develop themselves.They eat almost 27,000 times their actual body size
- Caterpillars drool out silk for a cocoon. Yes, you read that right. The cocoon caterpillar builds for itself during transformation and is made from its drool. It is kinda yucky, but it is a fact.
- Kids, this will shock you Caterpillars Have 12 Eyes! On each side of the caterpillar’s head they have 6 eyelets.
- There are many types of caterpillars, and some caterpillars can be poisonous. So you need to be careful if you see a caterpillar.
- Caterpillars are technically butterfly babies. Butterflies lay eggs and hatch into tiny caterpillars. Caterpillars are developing stages of butterflies. Caterpillars fully develop into butterflies.
How To Make Paper Slinky Caterpillar Craft For Kids:
Download The Templates:
Click To Download Caterpillar Craft Template.
Tools and Materials:
- Colorful Cardstock Paper.
- Colorful Craft Papers.
- Marker Pens.
- Googly Eyes.
Collect all the supplies from the list above, print out the PDF templates for the caterpillar craft and let’s get started.
Step 1:Make The Strips:
Cut out a total of twelve (12) colorful paper strips using craft papers.
Each strip should be 1×2 inches.
Then, take one strip, apply glue on one end of the strip, then take a different colored paper strip and glue it with the first strip.
Similarly, join 6 (six) strips and make two sets of colorful paper strips each having 6 strips.
Step 2: How To Make Paper Slinky:
- To make the paper slinky, you have to place one paper strip horizontally and one paper strip vertically. Overlap the two strips tip with each other, and apply glue on the overlapped area. Follow the images carefully.
- Take the horizontal strip (the one on the left) bring it over to the right side and fold it along the line.
- Now take the vertical strip (the one in the bottom) bring it over the overlapped area and fold it up.
Then, repeat this step bring the right side strip over to the left side, and then bring the top strip over to the bottom side. Keep folding the paper strips like that until you reach the end.
Glue the ends once you are done folding.
Pull the folded paper piece to reveal your paper slinky.
Step 3: Glue The Head and Bottom:
Cut out the caterpillar head and bottom from the printable caterpillar template.
Glue two googly eyes on the head, and use a marker pen to draw the mouth and the cheeks.
Then glue the head on one end of the paper slinky, then glue the bottom on the other end of the paper slinky/
Step 4: Glue The Antenna:
Cut out a thin paper strip and fold it in a “V” shape. Then glue it on the top of the caterpillar’s head. And your paper slinky caterpillar craft is ready!
How To Use This Paper Caterpillar Craft For Kids:
This site paper caterpillar craft is a fun kid’s toy. Kids can play with it as a puppet. This craft is a fun idea for kid’s parties activity.
We have so much more fun kid’s crafts in our blog. Here are some similar ones you might to check out.
Please subscribe to us to get notified every time we have new exciting fun crafts posted.
We post kid’s crafts with fun facts every day. If you like our crafts and give it a try please share your projects with us. Thank you.