Are you looking for fun 4th of July craft ideas? Here is a 4th of July wreath DIY project you will love it without a doubt.
Let’s make 4th of July decorations using easy-to-find materials and supplies for this year. Nothing makes your home look lovelier than the touch of handmade crafts.
If you are interested in 4th of July craft for preschoolers or even 4th of July craft for toddlers you can make this beautiful 4th of July wreath using cardstock paper and 3D paper stars.
Table of Contents
Before we begin I want to tell you this craft is complex for toddlers but they can help you while you make it. Kids are fast learners watching you or their older siblings make this beautiful 3D paper star wreath can help them unlock their creativity.
Decorate your home this year with easy DIY 4th of July decorations. If you are searching for 4th of July craft ideas for adults and also kids I think you will love this 4th of July wreath. Since it is 4th of July you will want to know how to make a red white and blue wreath right?
Make this simple DIY 4th of July wreath using affordable and easy-to-find craft supplies. Whatever you need you probably already have them in your craft kit.
DIY burlap 4th of July wreaths look absolutely stunning, but I think if you want to make something where your kids can participate working with fabrics can be difficult for them. 4th of July is a good time to make patriotic crafts for adults and kids. Teach your children more about your country and inspire them to celebrate the holiday with joy and creativity.
How To Make A 4th Of July Wreath:
To make our wreath first we need to gather the supplies and assemble them in our craft table.
List of Tools and Materials:
- Cardstock or Cardboard (for the base).
- Origami crafts papers (shades of blue, red, and white).
- Adhesive Glitter Paper.
3D Paper Star Step-by-Step Instructions:
Step one: Making The Guideline Creases:
- Start with a square piece of paper. You can use origami paper or cut a square from any thin paper.
- Fold the paper in half.
- Then take the top right point and bring it downwards to the edge creating a triangular shape. fold and make a crease.
- Open the fold.
Step 2: Folding Along The Creases:
- Then, make another fold at the opposite side creating another triangular fold and crease.
- Open the fold and this will create an “x” crease.
- Take the left corner, bring it inwards, and fold it along the bottom left crease.
- Then, fold the outer part of the top flap along the right edge.
Step 3: Assembling The 3D STar And Cutting:
- Fold the right side along the diagonal crease.
- Flip the origami piece over.
- And fold it in half.
- Cut along the top diagonal fold.
Step 4: Detailing The 3D Star Shape:
- Open all the folds to reveal your Kirigami 3D Paper Star.
- Fix the creases to shape up your Kirigami Star.
Final Step: Make The 4th Of July Wreath:
Make more Kirigami 3D stars in different colors and sizes for your 4th of July Wreath. Cut your wreath base out of cardboard or cardstock paper.
Start gluing your stars on the wreath.
Cover the wreath base with stars and for finishing touches add some glitter paper stars to complete making your 4th Of July Wreath Craft.
Glue the small glitter stars on the wreath to finish making your DIY 4th of July Wreath Craft.
You can also make different 3D Paper Stars to make your wreath.
Why is the 4th Of July special?
On the 4th of July, Americans celebrate their freedom and independence. It is a national holiday with various festivities, including parades, fireworks displays, picnics, barbecues, and family gatherings.
Looking for similar crafts? Make A Christmas Wreath With Kids